OSHA Scaffold Training
Protect your employees from scaffolding accidents and comply with OSHA requirements by teaching them how to work safely on scaffolds.
What is OSHA Scaffold Training?
OSHA Scaffold Training is a required training for employees working on or around scaffolding. It’s designed to arm employees with the knowledge and practical use of scaffolding equipment and the proper methods of staying compliant. An estimated 2.3 million construction workers, or 65% of the construction industry, work on scaffolds on a regular basis. Protecting these workers from scaffold-related accidents would prevent 4,500 injuries and 60 deaths each year, at a savings for American employers of 90 million dollars in workdays not lost.
Scaffold Training will cover :
- OSHA definitions
- Quick scaffolding facts
- Different types of scaffolds
- How to safely use the different types of scaffolds
After completing the training, your employees will be able to:
- Know how to use each scaffold properly
- Understand scaffolding inspections
- Use scaffolding on various job sites
Insure Compliance will meet with your staff and conduct in-person training that demonstrates how Scaffolds are used and fulfill OSHA’s Scaffold Training requirements.
- CFR 1926.454 Scaffolding training
- User-level training: i.e. general awareness, types of scaffolding, how to use scaffolding
- Competent person training: i.e. how to inspect scaffolding, assembling, and disassembling
- Retraining: i.e. review basics of scaffolding types, safety, and use
Why should I do an OSHA Scaffolding Training?
If your employees work around or on scaffolding, user level training is required and will minimize incidents in the workplace. The main benefits for OSHA scaffolding training are to:
- Prepare workers to use scaffolds
- Fulfill OSHA guidelines
- Take steps to minimize risk in the workplace
- Help with insurance requirements and General Contractor requirements
This service is often combined with:
Scaffolding Safety Plan
Injury and Illness Protection Program
Insure Compliance will work with your staff and create a scaffolding plan for your company.
An IIPP is the safety manual for your company. Insure Compliance will put together your IIPP so you can comply with OSHA standards and protect your employees.
We believe safety and profit are not mutually exclusive
With Insure Compliance, we apply our Safety Gap Model to analyze safety programs and identify gaps that prevent companies from creating safe and profitable work environments.
Our roots in insurance mean we don’t just understand the safety side of the business, but how to implement a safety program that minimizes your risk.
Our Safety Gap Model gets results: lowers costs, less incidents, and reduced insurance costs.
Much of business is about reducing risk. We work with you to implement safety initiatives that reduce risk, moving you to a shared goal of a safer and profitable future.
Lead with Care
We believe safety performance changes when there is a focus on encouragement and teachable moments, not reprimands.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Create a positive Safety culture
without breaking the bank